Thursday, February 27, 2014

G. Ovum

Dear Auntie Belle,
I am a proud Greek. Both of my parents are worthy and educated. I spend virtually every waking-minute writing poetry in my mother's basement. I only stop when mama brings me down a plate of hot, buttered croissants. (a family recipe dating back to at least 1942.)

Needless to say, I fart a lot. It gets rather smelly down here. I'm afraid the stink may have permeated my poetry...


Turbated Night


A route U live too close two farts
Contained therein tangerine dream's reunion
Momentous rages impugns air's ponds
Loads of stool, weathering so, thank you Don
(Hookahs be a pine for me and doh-see-doh.)


Without compassion, obviating inside every stranger
Empires of an ideologue, more and more bright stars
Two plots adrift abundantly a squamous satyr burns
Horizontal mists, a bun, tight over the door transits
(A formal ides of night-turbated sails.)


Winds escape, adjoining your breath's still
Flagging ptomaine persecutes you, a fiendish sigh
A bun, abound, abundantly you cinder
You use my arrant gases as your tinder
A gift of my trajectory, caress you though I might
(Instead I send you daffodils draped in un-masted night.)


I submitted a few examples to a worthy and respected website in America. Their reception was exactly what I expected, but it still hurt. I've attached a copy of my best poem so you'll see what I'm talking about. I think we can both agree it's an incoherent mess.
Please help!

Signed,
G.Ovum






Dear Ovum,
I have seen three-day-old roadkill baking in the hot southern sun, heard the sound of maggots feasting upon its decomposing flesh (stirring mac & cheese will mimic that sound perfectly); I have waded waist-deep through raw sewage and helped recover swollen corpses following a flood. I have even been near a crowd of sweaty Amish women who were hand-washing the rags they use for those two months out of the year they aren't pregnant. I thought there was no foul odor I had not experienced, and then I opened your letter. The residual aroma of your flatulence actually made the stench of your poetry tolerable. And may I ask...what is that disgusting oily substance that came with it? I can't seem to wash it off my fingers.
Auntie Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment